Recap of mini proportions: a Saturday afternoon impromptu drawing session with daughter (see below), a trip to a new library (ahoy graphic novel section for adults!), and the publishing of a new illustration at The Hairpin called "The Yoga-Juice Continuum."
Books on my desk that I will read with fever:
- Howl: A Graphic Novel by Allen Ginsberg, Animated by Eric Drooker
- The Best American Comics 2008, edited by Lynda Barry (oops, a little late on this. But it's Barry.)
- The Freddie Stories by Lynda Barry
- I'm not a plastic bag: graphic novel, by Rachel Hope Allison (yes, it's from the kids' section of graphic novels. Still cool.)
- Amphigorey Also, by Edward Gorey
Go find something to watch, some pavement/trail to pound or carve....and make it a good day. Thanks for stopping by once again.